Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr
This entry was posted in LIFE. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to

1. Kent says:

These guys look like a bunch of clowns. 😉
    Great shots dude. Nice finally seeing them.

2. Paul says:

Go where you are appreciated, not rejected.

3. Jeroen says:

Sell your photo gear and go back to stamp collecting…

4. Bob Tilton says:

I could buy a lot of stamps.

5. Kleppy says:

Just because someone else doesn’t like you doesn’t mean you aren’t good enough. These are good photos.

Divorce has taught me as much.

So don’t look at it as a failure on your part, think of it as that someone else missed the opportunity to be part of something good.

6. Bob Tilton says:

In all honesty, I do believe it’s important digest criticism and strive to improve. However, in the end I’m just gonna keep doing things my way…good or bad. Maybe there’s a reason Netflix is constantly always suggesting “dark arthouse independent” movies for me instead of “hollywood blockbusters”.

7. Anonymous says:

Photography can be art or commodity. Those looking for the commodity will never appreciate the art. I see the rejection of your work as the highest compliment of your non-conformity and unique view ‘through the lens’. There are only a handful of automotive photographers with something worth saying and the day I stop cribbing from you is the day you cease to be an artist.

Fuck ’em.

8. Mike DiLeo says:

Sorry, that was me.

9. Randy Wells says:

You are on the right path, Bob. You are comfortable with your art and realize it doesn’t matter what others think. Rejection is an everyday occurrence in this business. My definition of rejection is: One person felt the work submitted was inappropriate to what they actually needed at that time. Whenever I find myself reluctant to try again, I think of Edward Weston’s beautiful print, “Pepper #30.” I’m sure it’s called #30 for a reason!

10. Bob Tilton says:

Thanks Mike and Randy. Appreciate the comment.

Mike – I had replied earlier but I guess I didn’t hit “post”. A senior moment – just got a year older this month. Thanks for the kind words. In hindsight, I believe the editor wanted me to adapt my style. If I were a professional then I would have had the experience and willingness to do so. I’m just going to blame my ignorance in this scenario.

Randy – perfectly said. Thanks for taking the time to offer some insightful input considering your profession and background.

11. Bob Tilton says:

Also – I should clarify that the editor was NOT Pete Stout and the magazine was NOT Panorama. I am fortunate enough to know Pete and on occasion have lunch with him.

12. Favorites and Right-Click Context menu's background changed as white color. I don't like it. I'd rather default gray color. At least, you could add to a custom option. Please.